Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Walking in Waikiki

Aloha All -
We've been having a bout of strange weather here so I haven't been able to go for my regular walks for exercise and somehow it's affected my feelings to create so I thought I'd share some pictures of Waikiki as I walked along only a week ago. I am so super lucky to live in Hawaii and so blessed to be able to walk at the foot of Diamond Head!!  Diamond Head in my backyard!!!


This day the tide was really high and crashing against the stonewall.  I LOVE breathng in the beachy salt air - So good for the soul!!




I walk right in front of the famous Natatorium.  It's closed to the public now but my dad used to swim here when he was little.
Below is a shot from across the street of the famous International Market Place along Kalakaua Avenue


 Another iconic place along Kalakaua Avenue.



  Below  ..... isn't this gorgeous!  I was able to capture a surfer as he walked along the shore in front of a condo that sits right on the beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment