Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birthday Party Favor for the Traveler

Hi Friends!
While thinking of birthdays, here's an idea for a party favor for someone who loves to travel.  A mini luggage!  I realize as I'm starting to add postings that I need to be better at taking photos from each angle and the lighting really affects the color.  I wish you could see this adorable, sweet pink color. 

This favor is made using a Sizzix die.  The finished luggage is just 4" wide, 2-1/2" tall and 1-1/2" deep.  The tag you barely see hanging off the side of the handle actually has my maiden last name as this favor was for my mom's birthday and you can see that I've personalized the 'places I've been' stickers to include places she actually has visited.   I had also added a string of  pink beads and pearls that dangle off the other side of the handle.  The paper flowers and leaves were purchased at Photocraft in Honolulu and are actually two types put together for a more 3D affect. 
This idea could be adapted as a favor for a male by changing the colors and embellishments; it could be  used as a favor for a retirement party or a Bon Voyage for someone going on a nice long vacation!

This is a photo of the other side of the luggage.  I created a little pocket for the map and just printed off the computer a shot of California and cut smaller pieces to add to the pocket.  Butterflies are punched out and glued on with longer beads for the body and just inked in the antennae.  I put a quarter in the picture to show you that this favor is quite little and so cute!!

If you have any questions on any of my posts, please feel free to email me at faithsimagination@gmail.com and I'll be happy to share my ideas or learn some tips from you.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment