Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Retirement Paper Slot Machine

Aloha Friends!
Thought I'd share a favor I created for my sister's co-worker's retirement party.  Can you tell she loves Vegas???
I started with my own pattern created by measuring an ordinary school lunch milk carton and angled the top. It measures 4" high, 1-3/4" deep.  I hand cut each carton - yup, I think it was about 110 of them!
My sister, Jojo, found the cute card suit (spades, clubs, hearts) sprinkles at GBC and we hand glued each one on the computer generated squares.  I had to play around with the sizing of the squares by using text boxes within text boxes !!  Whew!  it took a while and many, many drafts.  Then I created a page full of them, printed on white cardstock and cut them out by hand. 


This is a flat view of the slot machine before it is taped into shape.  Note that the handle can actually move!!
We used a toothpick, inserted into a brad and a gold bead glued to the end. 
I used the slot punch from Stampin' Up to mimick the money drop and backed it with a piece of acetate so that the chocolate 'gold coins' would not fall out.
Jojo said everyone LOVED it and played with the handle as soon as they got it. 
Some of her co-workers still have it sitting on their desks!

As soon as I figure out how to add paypal to this blog, I will be selling kits of the projects I post but
in the meantime, I would love to hear from you!

For those who wait on the Lord with renew their strength,
the will soar on wings of eagles,
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not faint.
                            Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment