Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

New flower punches to play with

Aloha Friends!
I went to a Ben Franklin demo today on how to use the McGill flower parts punches.  One of them is called 'starburst'.  Its used to create the center stamens of flowers.  The demonstration was on creating roses but they had several free handouts on using all the punches to create several different flowers.  I came straight home and started using the starburst to see how I could embellish flowers I already had created and I LOVE LOVE how these turned out.

These are the same flowers but each photo, above and below, shows a little different angel.  The effect of the pop up center is incredible.
It's hard to see the grey stamens in the pink flower but I think it adds the WOW! factor....
AND I added leaves which completes it even more!
Can you  believe the flowers are made from the same 5-petal punch??  The pink flower has 6 layers, crumpled and held together with a brad and the others have just 2 layers with curled petals, glued in opposite directions.
I love the dramatic look of the black and white.


Thank you for stopping by!
I can do all things through
CHRIST who Strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment