Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Cross in a Box

Aloha All!
I've been working really hard on a number of items for various events and also have applied for a patent on this one and hope to have these available for purchase soon.  At the end of this year, I want to be able to say that I've truly tried to do as the bible says, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."  Mark 16:15.  I'm not a preacher but at least I can do my part to quietly and gently share His love by using the ideas and passion I have for creating with paper.  I believe that even something as small as this could be a wonderful reminder of God's love for us.

I sent this pink and black one to my best friend Charlene.... just because.  She is always, always there for me.. listening to me, encouraging me, driving me to doctor appointments, sending me cards.  God has totally blessed me with her friendship.
In these pictures you can see what it looks like when you first take the cover off, looking down into the gift and then as it unfolds to reveal the encouraging words and the  mini cross that barely stands 2" high.

                         
 AND
A dear friend from my office has gone through a very challenging past year with advanced cancer and is still going through treatments.  I've sent her cards along the way but just last week made her a Cross in a Box in shades of peach.  The closed box measures only 3"x3" but opened flat it measures 9"x9".  I hope it blesses her as much as it blessed me to create it for her as I thought of her courage, her cheerfulness despite everything and her beautiful smile.

Thank you for stopping by!
Hugs and Blessings to All!


No comments:

Post a Comment