Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blessing the Homeless

There are so many, many more homeless people in Hawaii now and the numbers of women are increasingly visible.  This past week I created a little gift for some of them just to help spread the joy and to help them remember it's Jesus' birthday.  I don't have a lot to spend but know that they have nothing so I created from my heart.

Someone said recently of Christmas that it seems like the whole world is spending all this money and time and energy to throw a huge party and forgot to invite the guest of honor..... I didn't want to have heard that and not do my part to hep people remember.

One of the men in our church faithfully and regularly take PBJ sandwiches and soup every single week to those hanging out the Institute for Human Services.  One couple makes the many sandwiches every week and another lady makes a big pot of soup.  I added my little gift to them this week.  These are photos of what I created.


So sorry!!  I don't know how to rotate this photo within this post.  The thing is I tried to share the origin of the candy cane by this poem I found.  I forgot to take a photo of the 2 candy canes inserted into the package as  "J" to go with the meaning of the poem.

I pray you all had a glorious Christmas and took the time to remember the true meaning for all the celebrations!

For unto us a Child is born!!
Isaiah 9:6



No comments:

Post a Comment